Thursday, April 3

Paris, France

(t) The night we arrived in Paris it snowed. It was such a surprise. As it was early April but still very very cold.

Mike was sick when we got to Paris. So, I spent a day at the Louvre by myself. Believe it or not, this was the first time we did something apart. It worked out well because Mike tends to visit museums at a much faster pace than I prefer. Plus, this was my first time visiting Paris and the Louvre.

We met up later and enjoyed an excellent late lunch at Le Fumoir. For dessert we shared the Granny Smith Apple sorbet. It tasted just like a crisp tangy apple. Thanks to Jannette at PDI for the recommendation.



While in Paris we also visited Catherale de Notre Dame. I was taken aback by the massive scale and beauty. We just sat in the pews and took it all in. The glass and stone work was truely impressive. I felt like I was in a movie. Like there should have been a score playing the background. When I have those moments I just love it.

Of course we made our way to the Eiffel Tower and climbed the stairs to the second observation deck. That also happened to be the day that the Olympic torch was traveling through Paris. While we didn't see the actual torch mayhem, we did see a large protest making its way through the city.
Paris was our first opportunity to eat sushi since our Miami layover. Needless to say we pigged out a little bit.



The Chateau de Versailles was a fun but very cold day trip. We enjoyed the audio tour through the interior. Here I am with my dorky tourist headphones. It's not that bad when you are surrounded by hundreds of other people doing the same thing.

I was really looking forward to the gardens but because of the bitter cold weather we quickly ate our picnic, looked around a bit and headed back to Paris.

Our hotel was very close to Arc de Triomphe and on our last night in Paris, we walked up and visited the Unknown Soldier beneath the Arc.

The following morning we caught an early bullet train to see Provence (region in southern France) and visit Arnauld (my former co-worker at PDI).

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yo big!!

How are you guys? I miss you. It looks like you're having a blast in Europe. Reminds me of my cold trip to Paris, I want to go back. Have fun, be safe. Love ya!